Search

Friday, October 15, 2010

Pan Pastels

I just bought some pan pastels to try. I've been working on a painting in which I've been mixing painting, and coloured pencil. I've also been experimenting with painting some hard edges, which is rather off the beaten track for me. While working, I began to gravitate toward my pastels and started playing. Then the other day, on Laura and I's Saturday excursion.. we came across pan pastels. Well, I had to try. I picked up a couple colours. They are very nice indeed. I've been experimenting with applying them with a make-up sponge and using a brush. I even tried picking up the fresh pan and swiping it directly on the board. It's been a lot of fun, and the colours spread like butter. I only wish I had more...
I'm not sure I will give up the regular pastels, but they are a nice addition to the bag of tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment