Search

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Beginning a new Practice

I decided four days ago to begin my morning with a drawing meditation. Officially they are called zentangles. The purpose is to let yourself go and just draw, with no underlying purpose, no image in mid, just surrendering to what comes from your pen.
In a way it also reminds me of Julia Cameron's ideas from "The Artists Way", except that instead of writing my morning pages, I'm drawing them. Not sure where if anywhere this will lead, but if feels like a good practice right now.
I will colour if I feel like it, and just follow the randomness of the drawing. Whatever happens, happens. I intend to post them everyday. With that in mind, here are the first four.
Just for interest's sake, I'm doing them in "Paper 53" app on my iPad with a "Sensu" stylus.







No comments:

Post a Comment